Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I saw a phage

My friend, Tomoko, is a pseudomonas-type of gal. I always envied her peptidoglycan. She bought a new set of porins from Crystal, that lady that runs the pseudomonas gang. Us azotobacter always envied Tomoko. Although gram-negative, crystal also has a very thick peptidoglycan, just like gram-positive bacterium. But I always thought that pseudomonas are gram-negative? I don't know.

So I showed Tomoko to my house, just near the edge of the plate where I can see the bunsen light coming. Do you know what she said about my peptidoglycan? She said that hers is thicker than mine! Geez, so I slapped her with my NAG and NAMs and she started crying! Geez I thought she would lysis. But as she cried a saw a freaking PHAGE outside our house!!! So I told her to stop crying and she did. The phage was a typical T-Type phage with a huge head and massive legs. It protruded to my brother's room where he likes to transform to his cyst-form and aspire to produce antibiotics. So I threw Tomoko's brand new porin into the phage!!!!

The phage ran away and it saved us from lysis.

So that was my day.
How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there commenter!

Please state whether you are:
- Gram Postive/Negative
- Catalase Positive/Negative
- A Bacillus
- Missing a flagellum

PLEASE NO COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR PORINS.